How to contest a traffic fine in Dubai

Dubai: If you believe you didn’t commit a traffic offence or weren’t at a particular place at the time a traffic fine was issued against you, or were driving within the speed limit but the radar flashed, then you can contest the fine, Dubai Police said.

Brigadier Saif Muhair Al Mazroui, director, traffic department at Dubai Police, told Gulf News that if a motorist can prove his case, the traffic fine will be waived off in less than five days once the case is registered.

“There are many options for individuals to contest a traffic fine in Dubai. Mistakes can happen and it’s the driver’s right to contest a fine if he or she is sure they didn’t commit a traffic violation,” Brigadier Al Mazroui said.

However, Al Mazroui said complainants must carry the supporting documents to prove their case.

Once you have filed a complaint, a special committee will look into your case. The committee consists of six officers — deputy general at traffic department, two traffic control officers, a fines officer, representative of the Financial Supervisory General Headquarters of Dubai Police, and a representative of the Legal Affairs.

If the ruling is in favour of the complainant, the traffic violation will be cancelled immediately.

However, if the ruling doesn’t satisfy the driver then he should take a copy of the findings and approach Dubai Traffic Prosecution, which will issue the final verdict.

“In many cases it’s a mistake in the plate number’s code and easily can be changed and the fine can be erased in less than an hour without a need to go to the special committee. If you think your fine was unfair then please contact us to solve the problem,” Brigadier Al Mazroui added.

How to contest traffic fine:

The driver can go to the General Directorate of Traffic headquarters to file a complaint.

The driver can also call on 04-6063755 or go through the Dubai Police website ( to do the same, or install the Dubai Police app and click on the ‘contest a fine’ link.
© Gulf News

[sform id=’564′]


New Rules For Expat Driving Licence Renewal


Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior issued Ministerial Decree for the year 2017 amending the Implementing Regulations of the Federal Law for the year 1995 regarding traffic laws.
As per the new law, Emiratis should renew their driving license every 10 years and for the expats every five years. The new law also states that motorists are not allowed to drive motorbikes without relevant license.

How to open a case in Dubai?

How to open a case in Dubai?

The elements for opening the case in Dubai are as follows:

  1. Passport copy or Emirates Id of the Claimant/Complainer
  2. Passport copy or trade license copy of the Respondents
  3. Telephone Number and Detailed address of both parties
  4. Evidence and documents with regard to the subject of Dispute, such as Contract, Invoices, cheque copy, Bank’s Statements, Correspondence Emails and any other related documents
  5. Witness’s statement if any
  6. Power of Attorney if any

After completion of the above mentioned list of documents, you will be required to recognize the nature of your case and then you can only follow the procedure accordingly.

For example, all the Labor cases and Divorce Cases will be initiated through the reconciliation Department by appointing of the mediator. If the matter is not resolved amicably between the parties then only the concern Authority will issue the NOC for transferring the matter to the Court.

Reconciliation process has to be initiated in presence of the Applicant and the Attorney can only accompany her/him for the same.

It’s advisable to consult with a Lawyer to understand the entire procedure as per nature of your case to avoid wasting of your time and money.

No amount of money may be deducted from a worker’s salary


Article 60 of labor law stating that no amount of money may be deducted from a worker’s wage in respect of privet claims, expect in the following cases:

  1. Repayment of loans or money advances paid to the worker in excess of his entitlements, provided that the amount deducted in this case shall not exceed ten percent of his wage.
  2. Contributions that the workers are required by law to make from their wages, towards social security and insurance schemes.
  3. The worker’s contributions to a provident fund or repayment of loans due thereto.
  4. Contributions towards any welfare scheme or in respect of any other privileges or services provided by the employer and approved by the labor department.
  5. Fines imposed upon the worker for any offence he commits.
  6. Any debts exacted in execution of a court ruling, provided, however, that the deduction made in execution thereof should not exceed one-quarter of the wage due to the worker. Where there are several debts or creditors, the maximum deduction shall be half the worker’s wage, which shall be divided pro rata among the creditors, after payment of any legal alimony to the extent of one quarter of the worker’s wage.

How to know that you have a legal case in Dubai?

There are numerous types of legal cases such as Criminal, Civil, Real Estate, Ijaarat, Family, labor and Immigration. Dubai Government has different authorities to track or find the records of your cases. Therefore, you first need to recognize and find type of your case in the category. There is no online system in U.A.E for individuals to check their cases online by name or passport number unless you have the case number or reference of complain number. For example if you have a criminal case, you can check your records in any Police Station. Also it is always advisable to apply for a clearance letter from Dubai Police General Head Quarter directly by yourself or through your Lawyer.

Civil, Commercial, Family cases must be checked at the court counter by presence of yourself or the lawyer only.

Labor cases can be checked in Ministry of Labor, Court and Immigration. In case of any absconding case, the Immigration, DNRD is authorized to disclose the information to you or your attorney. Immigration cases such as overstay, visa expiry, forged visa and absconding can be checked inside immigration office or at the airport or in DNRD.

It is always recommended to appoint a Lawyer to check for your record in Police Station or at Dubai Courts.

For Consultation Appointment Call: +971-56-7546160

Request A Call Back

[caldera_form id=”CF58ff5a2e7276e”]

1 2